Monday, April 02, 2007

reminder to self - only about a month to go!

All of last week (ok - not all. Maybe the 2nd half) i was telling myself to book the 34th week GP antenatal appointment, and i was going to do it this morning. As it turns out, I've just missed a midwife's appointment. It's funny because sometime before falling asleep last night and when i got a phone call from them earlier, a message was flashing in my head - "Mon, 10am". It did occur to me that maybe, it could actually be my 36th week midwife appointment, and I was going to ask NAB to check my notes, but i was in between being lazy and being convinced that it can't be week 36 yet...

NAB pointed out to me that i've been saying that i'm 32 weeks for the last few weeks, but somehow, i remained oblivious to the fact... I think having chicken pox threw me off the timeline, and now, i feel kind of out of it... It's weird because i don't feel prepared (haven't packed hospital bag, haven't rented TENS machine, haven't bought new disposable lenses or made new glasses - the pair that i have is more than 10 years old - No shit. No sterilising equipment or feeding bottles in case breast-feeding doesn't work out, no breast pump...) and yet at the same time, i kind of can't wait for him to get out. It's so damn uncomfortable... you can't sleep properly. Hell, you can't sit properly. And just when you think walking might be the solution, you start getting Braxton Hicks, or some other kind of cramps or discomfort that makes you walk all funny. You know, the way that pregnant women walk. Nevermind that you feel that you have to pee all the time, and actually do go to the toilet like every half an hour.

But the nice thing is also how you become more conscious of the baby, of how he might be lying and pushing against you, of where his head, back, arms, legs, etc are. The "funniest" one is when he is pushing in 2 opposite directions at the same time. Yah... Stretching. I guess being in the foetal position for a few months can get boring too.

The other day i (foolishly) told NAB that i was "worried" if i turned over too quickly from lying on my left to the right, it feels like the boy might get a nasty flip-over in my tummy. Of course, he laughed his head off at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home