Monday, July 04, 2005

The Post Office trip


amazon_pkg_w_Belle
Originally uploaded by monster-ru.
i had to go and collect this package from the post office today. it annoyed me because the first time they delivered the package to the door, i was actually at home. then i arranged for them to deliver it again, on a Saturday, and i waited. From 8 am to 2pm. no show!

so i rang them again and the girl on the line didn't know where the fucking bag was. she said she'd get back to me, on the same day, but i didn't hear from her at all. when they finally found the bag and delivered it again on the Wednesday, i was not home. i surprised myself because i didn't give them much grief and instead, said that i would pick it up from the post office.


the_3_items
Originally uploaded by monster-ru.

in_the_box
Originally uploaded by monster-ru.
i had expected this from Amazon, but i didn't think it would be that big a package for 3 items! i mean, WTF?! couldn't they have used a smaller box? or even a smaller bag for that matter?

it is no fun trying to lug a bag this big (with the top coming up to nearly my waist!) across the road, up a bus and home. this made worse by the fact that i was tortured by my PT yesterday at the gym, who made me exercise every single muscle in my body. boy, was that tough!

still, i am happy to get my Salgado book. the other 2 items are not for me. for anyone interested, it is an excellent book!

the_A_lot
Originally uploaded by monster-ru.


also noticed a funny Western Union ad at the post office. Unfortunately, i don't have a camera phone, nor a camera with me at the time. but the ad read "Now send home your love for just $6!*" Hmm. what does it mean to be able to "send" love cheaply?

1 Comments:

At 4/7/05 13:41, Blogger Terz said...

Ah, Amazon: killer of trees and oversized shipping boxes.

I think I had one delivery before where they had the same sized box you got and only one item in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home