Friday, January 21, 2005

even more ipod reflections

everyone is buying everyone ipods. i wonder how many ipods/ipod minis/ipod photos have been bought last year for christmas alone. i must say that it is a bloody nice present to receive. (me being the happy recipient of one 3 years ago). this is a really strange emotion for me - with everyone receiving ipods for christmas, i kind of feel left out. ok - i know i've got the 2G one + the mini, so i don't really *need* another one. and its not even a case of having another ipod/being greedy. otherwise i would just run out now (ok - not run. hobble) and pick up the nice U2 one. its more to do with the idea of receiving one as a present.

and its funny because i think i would gladly buy one as a present for someone. but i don't mean just anyone (otherwise tym might be first on the list - sorry! :-) ) i think its one of those special presents. would you get a 60gb ipod photo for someone you don't care about? i think not! (sorry tym - this doesn't mean i don't care about you, but i guess you know what i mean lah.)

at the end of the day, i guess it boils down to the fact that my ipod means too much to me. i sometimes think about surgically attaching it to myself lest i lose it. i need to constantly remind myself that to some people, it is just something that plays music to fill up their time on the bus/train/gym, etc.

talking about special presents, shouldn't all presents be special? otherwise, why give it right? i guess everyone appreciates a gift that's got enough thought put into it.

i don't know why i'm talking about these things. i think i'm losing my marbles...

2 Comments:

At 21/1/05 16:46, Blogger wahj said...

I know what you mean ... receiving an iPod as a birthday present from K 3 years ago was the nost amazing thing. Even though I bought another one recently, I still keep the original one, because it functions perfectly as an external hard drive. When I find I've left home without my iPod, I'm instantly grumpy, because I depend on it as my buffer zone between me and the rest of the world. I'm also getting the shuffle, so you might as well paint me white ... = )

 
At 21/1/05 19:38, Blogger  said...

glad you do.

and yes, complete with the white dnd dice as well. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home