Sunday, October 17, 2004

more ipod reflections + N

the ipod is my best friend. well, *nearly* my best friend. it was there for me when N was away, it goes with me everywhere, so its not easy to try to do things without it. (like invigilation!!!)

when music (*nearly*) becomes your best friend and you have a really close relationship with your ipod (especially an intense one for more than 2 wks), you begin to live in the world of the music that you have gotten used to all day and night. so then after that, it becomes hard to adjust to the "real" world. Everything becomes surreal (like in a Murakami novel). you live in your head, and in the possibilities that life tempts you with, which you will never let yourself see.

its funny how some people don't get it. when i was at bo's on tuesday, i had my ipod on the whole time. (had last pool game on, didn't really want to go, N wasn't there, etc) and there were still guys who came up to try to talk to me even though the whole time i didn't say anything, just listening to my music. guess they must have been more drunk than i was.

on a different note, N is giving up alcohol. Seeing how he managed to give up smoking, i have confidence that he will make it. so friends, let us not lead him into temptation, but deliver him from evil. even if we can't do so ourselves. (actually, its just me ;-))

5 Comments:

At 18/10/04 06:26, Blogger Neil said...

Day 7 and I am still clean!

 
At 18/10/04 14:23, Blogger Tym said...

Mwah, I really want an iPod. But no money lah ...

 
At 19/10/04 04:52, Blogger  said...

save $ lor. or get husband to get for christmas ;-)

 
At 19/10/04 11:27, Blogger Kay said...

How the hell did you invigilate with an ipod? =)

 
At 19/10/04 11:57, Blogger  said...

when you are the i/c and your colleagues are so used to seeing you plugged into your ipod all day anyway. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home