Sunday, January 23, 2005

mostly about the wedding

i was talking to someone about having a special ipod made for swimming. and today, i was given the newspaper cutting, dated 9 jan 2005, about an mp3 player that is supposed to work under water. nice.

so i spent 6 hours at the wedding today. my 22 yr-old cousin married this guy whom i thought was a bit ah beng. i just hope to god that he loves my cousin more than himself. velvety suit?? hello?? which planet are we on again?? (Sorry - groom in question - if you happen to read my blog and know that i am talking about you, pls don't be offended) - and sorry, any wedding without alcohol is just wrong. how else can you pass those hours of just waiting and waiting for the couple to get changed?! i can honestly say that only my father understood how i felt. i bet it broke his heart when i asked him for a glass of wine and he had to disappoint me. and my sister - my *only* sister - had the gall to tell me that they didn't want to serve even wine because they didn't want it to turn rowdy. ROWDY? excuse me?! what the fuck? ask me how much it hurts me to see my sister turn into just precisely the kind of people i don't associate myself with.

ok - the funny part: my grandfather (mum's dad) actually "ordered" my dad to make sure i had food. (you know - in the very chinese "this is what i say so do it!" way.) this is the second time that a grandfather of mine actually gave my dad "orders" "for" me. i feel *so* loved. :-) plus, my dad passed me a phone to replace the one that i fucked up sitting on so that was nice. (ok - so i got to play the part of a spoiled daughter/grand-daughter once again - but hell, its been 25 years! and it was only for a couple of hours!)

the bonus at the wedding was going to the russell wong exihibition for free. i simply walked in - they didn't ask me for a ticket probably seeing that i'm on crutches. the nice part was the film pics from "hero" and "house of flying daggers"... otherwise, i thought his lighting for his subjects was a bit screwed. but hell, i don't know nuts about studio lighting, but i've never liked artificial lighting much anyway.

on a different note, Carbon Leaf is really nice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home